Store bought granola is one of those foods that sounds like a healthy choice, but in reality, it’s usually packed with excess sugar and oils. Good news though, its really easy to make at home, and so much healthier! Serve with your favorite yogurt, fresh fruit, and a drizzle of honey.
Coconut Almond Granola
- 1 c organic oats
- 1 c unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 c almond meal
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbs seeds: chia, flax, sesame or hemp
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix really well, making sure everything is evenly coated with maple syrup and coconut oil. I usually use my hands to do this.
- Line a large sheet tray with parchment paper and pour the granola mixture onto it in one even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove the tray from the oven and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula. You will notice the corners and edges start to brown first, so make sure to move the granola around so that it does not burn. Return the tray to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes or until the granola is evenly golden brown and fragrant.
- Let the granola cool completely before eating. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks!