The very BEST peanut butter cookies studded with crushed pretzels and ooey-gooey chocolate chips. These easy salty-sweet homemade cookies are soft and chewy, packed with peanut butter flavor, and they’re super delicious dunked in an ice-cold glass of milk!
I’m a sucker for all things sweet and salty which is why I’m obsessed with these peanut butter-chocolate-pretzel cookies! The base of these cookies starts with classic peanut butter cookie dough (adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction) then crushed pretzels and semi-sweet chocolate chips are folded into the batter. Before baking each cookie is topped with even more crushed pretzels and chocolate, the resulting cookies are soft and chewy and packed with crispy, salty pretzels and warm melted chocolate. Needless to say, there’s a lot going on in these cookies but in the best possible way!
Not only are these cookies delicious, but they’re really easy to make, I promise! They require no chilling in the refrigerator which means you can just whip up the dough and bake them straight away.
If you love these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies you will also love this recipe for Dulce de Leche Ginger Molasses Cookies!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies: all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, butter, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, creamy peanut butter, chocolate chips, and pretzels.
Recipe Step by Step
Step 1. Make the Cookie Dough
The process of this cookie dough is pretty standard. Beat the butter and sugars together, add the eggs and peanut butter then fold in the mix-ins: crushed pretzels and chocolate chips.
Step 2. Scoop and Flatten
Use a cookie scoop to portion the dough and place on a parchment-lined baking tray 3-inches apart. Gently flatten the dough ball down with the palm of your hand to 1/2 inch thickness, top with a few extra pretzel pieces and chocolate chips.
Step 3. Bake and Cool
Bake for 12-14 minutes at 350. Let cool for at least 5 minutes. These cookies are very delicate when they’re warm so do not attempt to move them until they’re cool.
FAQs & Expert Tips
They do not! Unlike most cookie recipes these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies actually do better when baked from room temperature and do not need to be chilled before baking.
Use a creamy, no-stir peanut butter, like Jif. Skip the all-natural peanut butter, it will make these cookies dry and crumbly.
Yes! This dough can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months.
Cookie dough will freeze well for up to 3 months, bring the cookies to room temperature before baking. Baked cookies will also freeze well for up to 3 months, thaw to room temperature before serving, or warm in the oven for a few minutes.
Check out More Sweet Treats:
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
- 1 c unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 c creamy peanut butter
- 1 c crushed pretzels plus extra for topping the cookies
- 1 c chocolate chips plus extra for topping the cookies
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder) in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until pale and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the peanut butter, beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. With the mixer running on low speed, add in the chocolate chips, and crushed pretzels. Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough, about 3tbsp of dough per cookie, onto a baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking trays with parchment paper. Place the cookies at least four inches apart on the baking trays. Flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand, then top with a few chocolate chips and pretzel pieces. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool for five minutes on the baking sheet before serving.
- What type of peanut butter is best for these cookies? Use a creamy, no-stir peanut butter, like Jif. Natural peanut butter will make these cookies dry and crumbly.
- Does the dough need to chill before baking? It does not! Unlike most cookie recipes these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies actually do better when baked from room temperature and do not need to be chilled before baking.
- Leftover cookies will stay fresh for up to three days stored in an airtight container.
- Cookie dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months. Bring the dough to room temperature before baking.