Ginger and lemongrass chicken meatballs can be eaten in lettuce cups or served over rice with steamed veggies!
I love these ginger and lemongrass meatballs because they taste like the inside of a dumpling without the wrapper! They’re super quick and easy to make! I serve them with lettuce leaves, fresh mint and soy sauce for dipping.
How to mince lemongrass:
Cut off the stem of the lemongrass and peel back the tough outer layers until you have just the heart. Cut the heart of the lemongrass into thin rounds and then chop through the rounds until they are very finely minced.
Ginger and Lemongrass Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground dark meat chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 3 inch piece of lemongrass, minced
- 2 whole scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- oil for sauteing
- 4-6 large lettuce leaves
- handfull fresh mint
- scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. Use an ice cream scoop, or your hands to portion the mixture into small round meatballs.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add a splash of oil to the pan. Sauté the meatballs on one side until they are crispy and caramelized. Repeat on the other side. When the meatballs are cooked through, transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve the meatballs with lettuce leaves, fresh mint and soy sauce for dipping!