I’m sitting at my kitchen table typing up this recipe and polishing off the second half of this loaf. It’s THAT good! It goes really well with a cup of coffee or tea. Just saying!
This is not your standard banana bread recipe. It’s free of refined sugars, and flours, instead, it’s made with ground almonds and shredded coconut. The result is a super sweet very moist slice of cake. Because it is so moist, I recommend storing your banana bread in the fridge. You probably won’t need to though because it won’t last that long!
Grain-Free Coconut Banana Bread
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/2 c shredded coconut plus a little extra to sprinkle on top
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas, eggs, vanilla and maple syrup with a large whisk. Next, add the dry ingredients; almond flour baking soda, salt, and shredded coconut whisk thoroughly. Lastly, stir in the coconut oil.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with a little extra coconut. Bake for 40-45minutes. When its ready the center should be firm to the touch. Insert a toothpick or the tip of a knife into the center; it will come out clean when its ready if it doesn’t put it back in the oven and bake for five more minutes.
- Let the banana bread cool before trying to remove it from the pan (it’s hard to wait, I know.) Slice and enjoy!