Oven Roasted Shrimp
I've been making shrimp a lot recently for a few reasons; first off it's pretty cheap as far as fish goes and second, it cooks in less than ten minutes making it the perfect option for dinner that needs to be on the table fast! I like to leave the shells on, it reminds me of eating peel + eat shrimp back in Maryland, you can remove them though for a less mess at the table.
- 1 1b deveined shrimp, peeled or not- (up to you)
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped or grated
- 1 tsp chili paste like: gochujang, sambal or chipotle
- 1 tbs lemon zest
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Pre heat oven to 400
- Toss the shrimp with the garlic, olive oil, chili paste zest and salt, then lay them out on a large baking tray.
- Bake 6-8mins until they turn bright pink and are firm to the touch. Squeeze the juice from one lemon over the shrimp and serve immediately. I like to serve them with lemon wedges, chimichurri sauce and a good crusty baguette! Chimichurri recipe here: https://cravingcalifornia.com/2018/03/09/chimichurri/