These roasted carrots served with yogurt and mint are sure to steal the spotlight at your next dinner! To bring out the savoriness of the carrots, I toss them with cumin and corriander and then roast them at a high temperature until caramelized and a little charred around the edges. Serve them with cooling yogurt, fresh mint and plump golden raisins for a touch of sweetness.
I like to re-hydrate the raisins to make them plump and juicy. To do this put the raisins in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let them sit for about ten minutes and then drain. You can use this technique for other types of dried fruit too!
- 1 1/2 lb carrots washed and peeled
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs cumin
- 1tbs corriander
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c golden raisins rehydrated
- 1/2 c mint leaves
- 1 c yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbs lime juice
- salt to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 425. Line a baking tray with parchment or a silicone silpat. In a large bowl whisk together the maple syrup, spices, and olive oil. Toss the carrots into the bowl and coat evenly with the spiced maple, olive oil mixture. Season the carrots with salt and pepper and then lay them out onto the baking tray in one even layer. You can divide the carrots between two trays if you need to.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until soft and caramelized. I like them to be slightly charred around the edges too. Remove the carrots from the oven and let cool to room temperature. In the meantime make the yogurt.
- Place the yogurt in a bowl. Use a microplane to grate the garlic into the yogurt. Next, pour in the lime juice, zest and a good pinch of salt. Stir the ingredients together and taste. Add more salt if needed. Refrigerate until you’re ready to use it.
- To serve: Spread the garlic yogurt across a large plate or platter. Arrange the carrots on top of the yogurt. Top with the golden raisins and fresh mint leaves. Serve immediately.