Warm Grilled Vegetable Salad with White Beans and Feta
This warm grilled vegetable salad is made with perfectly charred asparagus, corn and red onion tossed with a bright and flavorful vinaigrette, white beans, fresh herbs and creamy feta cheese!
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 large red onion
- 2 15 oz can white beans drained and rinsed
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1/2 c roughly chopped parsley
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 3 tbsp vinegar champagne, red wine, apple cider, rice wine or even lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 c olive oil
- salt and pepper
Preheat a grill (gas, charcoal or stove top grill pan) over medium-high heat.
Prepare the vegetables for the grill, shuck the corn, peel and slice the onions into rounds and trim the woody ends off the asparagus. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and season with salt. Depending on the size of your grill, you may need to grill in batches. Grill the vegetables on all sides until slightly charred and soft. Once cool enough to handle, cut the corn kernels from the cob and slice the onion and asparagus into bite sized pieces.
Make the dressing in a large bowl; whisk together the dijon mustard, grated garlic, vinegar and thyme leaves. While whisking slowly stream in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss the grilled vegetables, white beans, fresh parsley and feta cheese with the dressing. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm or room temperature.
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions:
What should I serve with this grilled vegetable salad?
Storage and Reheating:
- Vegetables: You can use almost any veggies that are great on the grill like: cherry tomatoes, eggplant, broccolini, or bell peppers.
- White Beans:You can use any white beans really, or even a combination. I used one can each of cannellini beans and butter beans. You could also use navy beans or even garbanzo beans!
- Feta Cheese: for dairy-free or vegan feel free to omit the cheese. Goat cheese would also be good.
- Fresh Thyme: dried is fine
- Parsley: any fresh leafy herb can be substituted like basil, cilantro, chervil, even chives will work!
- This salad will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to four days. I do not recommend re-heating it. Serve chilled or room temperature.
Calories: 277kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 412mg | Potassium: 434mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1143IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 3mg