Bucatini with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Creamy and delicious sun-dried tomato pesto with garlic, parmesan cheese, piping hot bucatini and a touch of cream!
- 1 lb bucatini
- 1 8oz jar oil-packed sundried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 c slivered almonds roasted
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c cream
Place almonds, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes (with the oil) and parmesan cheese in the base of a food processor. Pulse continuously scraping down the sides as necessary, until the contents resemble a relatively smooth, pesto-like consistency. If the mixture is too thick to blend add a few tbsp of water at a time to loosen it up.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the bucatini and cook until just al dente, 8 to 9 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
Add the bucatini, pesto, cream, and pasta water back to the pot. Stir continuously until the pasta is evenly coated in the sauce. Taste and season with salt as needed.
- Bucatini: Literally any pasta shape is great with sun-dried tomato pesto! You can even use a gluten-free variety.
- Sun-dried Tomatoes: Make sure you buy "oil packed" sun-dried tomatoes. They are typically sold in 8-8.5oz jars, either of those sizes will work just fine for this recipe.
- Cream: substitute pasta water or use full-fat coconut milk.
Pro Tip for Smooth Blending:
- Whenever you're using a food processor or blender, add the liquid ingredients to the carafe first followed but the dry. This will help prevent the blades from getting stuck and make blending much more effective!
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
- Sun-dried tomato pesto can be made up to five days ahead of time. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat sprinkle the pasta with 2 tbsp water and warm in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Mini Food Processor | My Favorite Mini Spatulas | Shop all Kitchen Essentials
Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 190mg | Potassium: 565mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 599IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 2mg