Five-Ingredient Creamy Goat Cheese and Sausage Ravioli
This quick and easy five-ingredient ravioli is super flavorful and packed with creamy goat cheese, Italian sausage and swiss chard!
- 1 8oz package store-bought ravioli
- 4 links mild or spicy Italian sausage casing removed
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 bunch swiss chard leaves only, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Cook the ravioli according to the directions on the package. Drain the ravioli but reserve 1/2c of pasta water.
Heat a large sauté pan over medium/high heat. Add a glug of olive oil to the pan and begin to sauté the sausage. Use a wooden spoon to break the sausage up into small pieces as it browns. Next, add in the chopped garlic. Sauté until the sausage is no longer pink.
Turn the heat to low and add in 1/2c of pasta water and the crumbled goat cheese. Bring to a simmer and add in the swiss chard. Next, add the cooked ravioli to the pan. Simmer for two minutes stirring gently to coat the ravioli evenly with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and serve immediately!
- Sausage: Feel free to use any type of sausage you like, mild, spicy, chicken, pork, turkey or even a vegan sausage! Soyrizo would be very tasty in this recipe!
- Swiss Chard: This recipe was *almost* made completely from items purchased from Trader Joe's but sadly they don't carry swiss chard. That being said you could definitely substitute spinach or kale here if you needed to.
- Goat Cheese: The goat cheese in this recipe, along with the pasta water creates a creamy sauce for the ravioli. If you want to change up the cheese you could do parmesan but it will have a slightly different effect on the final dish, but it will still be delicious, just not as creamy.
Calories: 983kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 69g | Fat: 117g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 278mg | Sodium: 2170mg | Potassium: 1175mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 10053IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 270mg | Iron: 20mg