Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup
The easiest, yummiest, no-fuss chicken noodle soup recipe you will ever find!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 8 c chicken stock preferably homemade
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 c small dried pasta or egg noodles
- salt and pepper
- 1 handfull fresh herbs: dill, parsley or chives
Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add a splash of olive oil then sauté the onion, carrot, and garlic for 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent and the garlic is aromatic.
Next, add in the shredded chicken, chicken stock and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, turn down the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente (about 8 minutes). Add the cooked pasta to the soup and continue cooking for an additional ten minutes.
Turn off the heat, stir in the chopped herbs. Divide between bowls and serve immediately!
Storage + Reheating:
- This soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Reheat in the microwave or stovetop in a small pot.
- Use rice instead of noodles/pasta.
- Add chopped kale, zucchini, peas, potatoes, or any veggies you like.
- Add ginger, lemongrass, and kombu for an Asian-inspired soup.
Calories: 347kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 511mg | Potassium: 602mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 6076IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg