Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon Vinaigrette
Crispy golden brown roasted Brussels sprouts tossed with warm bacon and whole grain mustard vinaigrette!
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts ends trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz bacon cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium shallots finely chopped
- 1/4 c sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large bowl toss the brussels sprouts with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly.
Cook the bacon in a heavy large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels, leaving rendered bacon fat still in the pan. Next, turn the heat to low then add in the shallot, cook until soft and translucent then whisk in both mustards and the sherry vinegar. Turn off the heat.
Toss the roasted brussels sprouts and reserved bacon with the warm vinaigrette. Serve warm.
Storage and Reheating:
- Leftovers will keep for 3 to 4 days in the fridge. Reheat in the oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes until heated through.