Creamy Tortellini Soup with Lemon and Parmesan Cheese
- 4 c chicken broth
- 1 c heavy cream
- 8 oz store-bought tortellini
- 3 c baby spinach
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese for serving
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
In a large pot bring the chicken stock to a simmer then add in the cream, a pinch of salt, and a few turns of freshly cracked black pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Next, add the tortellini to the pot and cook and for 5 minutes (or longer if needed, check the cooking time of the package) then turn off the heat, add in the spinach and lemon juice. Taste and season with more salt if needed.
Divide the soup between bowls, top with a generous sprinkling of parmesan cheese and freshly cracked black pepper.
What type of tortellini should I use?
What else can I add to this recipe?
- Use a “fresh” tortellini from the refrigerated or frozen section of the super market. As for the filling I suggest cheese, spinach, or chicken, something mild in flavor.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers:
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove top over low heat. You may need to add a splash of water or extra chicken stock to reconstitute the broth.
- You could add diced potato, zucchini, kale, diced celery, carrot or onion to this soup. You could also add shredded rotisserie chicken.
Calories: 449kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 1347mg | Potassium: 377mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3087IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 304mg | Iron: 3mg