Sheet Pan Chicken Tacos Al Pastor
The most delicious chicken tacos al pastor with juicy pineapple and tangy chipotle marinade.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 heaping cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 12 tortillas corn or flour
- 1 bunch cilantro finely chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 3-4 juicy limes
- creamy avocado salsa for serving
- 3-4 sliced radishes for serving
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped, plus 2 tbsp. adobo sauce roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 tbsp salt
Preheat the oven to 425. In a large bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients. Toss the chicken with the marinade until it is evenly coated. Let sit for ten minutes.
Arrange the marinated chicken on a sheet tray. Scatter the pineapple slices over the chicken. Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway through. After 25 minutes turn the oven to broil and broil for five minutes or until the chicken and pineapple are caramelized and slightly charred. Take the sheet pan out of the oven and squeeze the juice of two limes over the chicken and pineapple.
Roughly chop the chicken then serve with warm tortillas, salsa, extra lime wedges, radish slices, onions, and cilantro. Enjoy immediately!
- The chicken can be marinaded up to 12 hours ahead of time.
- To warm tortillas wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Radish slices are optional but are a great way to combat the spice of the tacos!
Calories: 634kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 52g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 215mg | Sodium: 2709mg | Potassium: 889mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 560IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 5mg