This quick and easy creamy avocado salsa comes together in minutes and tastes like like it came from your favorite taco truck! Full of ripe avocado, fresh cilantro, spicy jalapeño and tangy lime juice this zesty salsa is perfect for chips and salsa, tacos, burritos and more!
My favorite LA tacos trucks all serve this creamy avocado salsa verde or salsa de aquacate, and let me tell you it’s the first one to run out on a busy Friday night! Favor-wise it’s almost like half guacamole half tomatillo salsa. It’s the perfect cool and tangy sauce to slather on Carne Asada Tacos.
This salsa is raw. You don’t have to roast the tomatillos or peppers. The flavor is super fresh and bright and because nothing is cooked it comes together in about 5 minutes! For the best results, make this salsa at least an hour a head of when you need it. Letting the ingredients meld together really intensifies the flavors! Oh and it’s even better the next day!
If you love this Creamy Avocado Salsa you may also want to try this Roasted Tomatillo Salsa or my Heirloom Tomato Pico de Gallo. Feeding a crowd? Choriqueso (Creamy Queso Dip with Chorizo) is the perfect appetizer to round out your Taco Tuesday menu!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
All you need to make creamy avocado salsa is a few simple ingredients: fresh cilantro, limes, avocado, tomatillos, jalapeño, onion and garlic.
In a blender or food processor pulse all of the ingredients together until smooth and creamy. If the mixture is too thick add a few tablespoons of water until the consistency is smooth and pourable.
FAQs and Expert Tips:
Avocado salsa will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. The avocados can cause the salsa to oxidize (turn brown) so be sure to cover the surface with plastic wrap and then seal it tightly with a lid.
I would describe this salsa as medium-spicy. You can adjust the spice level in this recipe to your liking. Feel free to hold back or load up on jalapeños depending on your personal preference.
Check out more great recipes:
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Creamy Avocado Salsa
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ½ c cilantro leaves and stems roughly chopped
- 3 tomatillos husks removed, quartered
- ½ jalapeño stem and seeds removed
- ½ white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ c lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- water as needed
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender. Pulse until the mixture is mostly smooth and no big chunks of remain, scraping down the sides as necessary. Season to taste with additional lime juice and salt as needed. If the mixture is very thick add a few tablespoons of water until it reaches the desired consistency.
- I would describe this salsa as medium-spicy. You can adjust the spice level in this recipe to your liking. Feel free to hold back or load up on jalapeños depending on your personal preference.
- Avocado salsa will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. The avocados can cause the salsa to oxidize (turn brown) so be sure to cover the surface with plastic wrap and seal it tightly with a lid.
It’s great! Nice and vibrant and Not too spicy so I added half of a whole jalapeño with seeds to kick it up!