Chorizo and Avocado Pizza
This super cheesy, slightly spicy chorizo pizza is topped with fresh avocado, cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice! Serve with sour cream and tomatillo salsa for dipping!
- 1 lb store-bought pizza dough
- 9 oz Mexican Chorizo about a heaping cup
- 2 c shredded monteray jack cheese
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 Jalapeño thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1 whole lime
- 1/2 c salsa store-bought is fine!
- 1/2 c sour cream
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
On a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough out into a large circle. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet. Crumble the chorizo over the pizza dough and top with the shredded cheese then the thinly sliced onion.
Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
While the pizza is in the oven place the cilantro, jalapeño, and avocado in a small bowl and toss with the juice and zest from the lime as well as a pinch of salt.
Remove the pizza from the oven, top with the cilantro, avocado mixture. Cut into slices and serve with sour cream and salsa on the side!
Ingredients Notes and Substitutions:
- Chorizo: Make sure you buy Mexican chorizo rather than Spanish.
- Cilantro: If you don't like cilantro you can omit it.
- Cheese: Monterey jack is my favorite cheese for this pizza however shredded mozzarella would be just as delicious!
- Salsa: You can serve this pizza with any type of salsa you like, choose your favorite!
Tips for rolling out pizza dough:
- Bring the pizza dough to room temperature before attempting to roll it out.
- Flour the surface you're rolling on to prevent sticking.
- Alternate between a rolling pin and your hands to press and stretch the dough.
- If you have leftovers you can store them in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat in the oven at 400 for 5 minutes. Remove any avocado before reheating, it won't taste nice if it's baked.
Calories: 798kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 1808mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1304IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 459mg | Iron: 4mg