7-minute eggs with everything bagel seasoning are the quickest and easiest breakfast for busy mornings!
There’s a good reason that #yolkporn is one of the trendiest hashtags on Instagram. Gently soft boiling eggs turns raw egg yolk into a jammy, not quite set, but not super runny, bite of liquid gold. I love making these 7-minute eggs with everything bagel seasoning as a quick breakfast or mid-day snack.
Topping them with a little pat of butter and sprinkling them with everything bagel seasoning takes them over the top! If you don’t want to make the seasoning yourself you can purchase it at most grocery stores these days. I see it often at Trader Joes. You can also this massive bottle of it here → Amazon.com Trust me, you’re not going to run out of things to sprinkle it on!
Tips for perfect soft boiled eggs:
–Timing is everything: If you like your egg yolks a little more set then what you see in the photo above let them hang in the simmering water for an additional minute. If you like your yolk even runnier pull them out of the water after 6minutes.
-Simmer don’t boil: A strong simmer or gentle boil is ideal for soft boiled eggs. If the water is boiling hard and fast the eggs will bounce around in the pot and you’ll end up with broken shell and misshapen eggs.
–Use a large slotted spoon to gently lower the eggs into the water and remove them from the pot. These are the best → Bamboo Slotted Spider
–Storage: Soft boiled eggs can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. As soon as you pull the eggs out of the simmering water, drop them into an ice bath and let them cool completely before putting them away in the fridge. To reheat them bring a small pot of water to a simmer and drop in an egg for 1 minute, peel and eat.
7 Minute Eggs with Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp flakey sea salt
Everything Bagel Seasoning:
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Store in a jar with a tightly fitting lid for up to 2 months.
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to strong simmer/gentle boil. Gently place the eggs into the water. Set a timer for 7 minutes. When the timer goes off remove the eggs from the water and places them directly into a bowl of ice water.
- As soon as the eggs are cool enough to handle but still warm, carefully peel off the shell. Rinse the eggs under water to remove any last bits of broken shell. Slice the eggs in half, top each egg with a little bit of butter and a sprinkle of everything bagel spice. Enjoy immediately!
If you love 7-minute eggs with everything bagel seasoning check out these other great recipes →
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to leave it a five-star rating below!