Toasty, nutty granola infused with banana, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and of course my all-time favorite ingredient; brown butter! Serve it with milk or sprinkle over yogurt.
This granola recipe is a culmination of all of my favorite flavors! Brown butter, maple, banana, cinnamon, nuts, and vanilla. The aroma that permeates from the oven is reason enough to make this recipe! I eat this granola for breakfast in the morning with almond milk poured over it. It’s also delicious sprinkled over yogurt with sliced bananas or blueberries.
Banana Bread Granola Ingredients→
Ripe Bananas: Just like if you were making banana bread you want to use really ripe, brown spotty bananas for this recipe.
Brown Butter: Browning butter is really easy once you get the hang of it. Just make sure you watch it in the final minutes, that’s when it can easily go from browned to burnt in just a matter of seconds.
Oats: Old fashioned rolled oats are the best for this recipe. Don’t use instant or steel-cut.
Maple Syrup: I love the depth of flavor maple syrup adds to baked goods. If you don’t have any brown sugar can be substituted.
Nuts and Seeds: I used a combination of pecans and walnuts when I made this recipe because honestly, I didn’t have enough of one or the other to make a full cup. Feel free to improvise with different nuts or seeds!
Serve maple brown butter banana bread granola with milk or yogurt!
Banana Bread Granola with Brown Butter and Maple Syrup
- 2 c oats
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 c chopped nuts, walnuts, pecans or both
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp seeds, flax, hemp or chia optional
- Preheat the oven to 350. In a large bowl mash the bananas, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir in the oats, nuts, salt, and seeds.
- In a small pot, melt the butter over medium heat, then bring to a boil. Once it starts boiling, whisk constantly until the butter passes the foamy phase and becomes a deep amber color. Remove from the heat and pour over the banana oat mixture.
- Pour the granola mixture onto a parchment-lined baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes stirring occasionally, about every 10 minutes. Turn off the oven, leaving the granola inside as the oven cools. Serve the granola with milk or yogurt. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.