Tender broccolini sautéed with spicy Calabrian chilis, garlic then topped with parmesan cheese and lemon juice!
Sauteed Broccolini with Calabrian Chilis and Garlic is the perfect spicy side dish for your next dinner!
I love sauteing broccolini with olive oil, garlic, and chili. I used to always use crushed red pepper flakes, but recently, I discovered Calabrian chilis packed in olive oil. They’re spicy but also a little tangy, fruity, and acidic. Calabrian chilis complement the broccolini and garlic perfectly! Top it all off with plenty of parmesan cheese and fresh lemon juice and you have one of my favorite easy Italian inspired side dishes!
Broccolini with Calabrian Chilis and Garlic
- 3-4 bundles broccolini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 2 whole Calabrian chilis roughly chopped
- ½ c grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Trim the rough ends off the broccolini and drop them into the water. Blanch the broccolini for 2 minutes. Drain immediately and immerse in a bowl of ice water.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Pour the olive oil into the pan along with the sliced garlic. Saute the garlic until golden brown and aromatic then add the chopped chilis and broccolini. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Season the broccolini with salt and freshly cracked pepper then transfer to a platter and top with the lemon juice, zest, and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately!