Tender broccolini sautéed with spicy Calabrian chilis, garlic then topped with parmesan cheese and lemon juice!
Sauteed Broccolini with Calabrian Chilis and Garlic is the perfect spicy side dish for your next dinner!
I love sauteing broccolini with olive oil, garlic, and chili. I used to always use crushed red pepper flakes, but recently, I discovered Calabrian chilis packed in olive oil. They’re spicy but also a little tangy, fruity, and acidic. Calabrian chilis complement the broccolini and garlic perfectly! Top it all off with plenty of parmesan cheese and fresh lemon juice and you have one of my favorite easy Italian inspired side dishes!
Broccolini with Calabrian Chilis and Garlic
Tender broccolini sauteed with spicy calabrian chilis, garlic then topped with parmesan cheese and lemon juice!Print Pin Rate
- 3-4 bundles broccolini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 2 whole Calabrian chilis roughly chopped
- ½ c grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Trim the rough ends off the broccolini and drop them into the water. Blanch the broccolini for 2 minutes. Drain immediately and immerse in a bowl of ice water.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Pour the olive oil into the pan along with the sliced garlic. Saute the garlic until golden brown and aromatic then add the chopped chilis and broccolini. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Season the broccolini with salt and freshly cracked pepper then transfer to a platter and top with the lemon juice, zest, and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately!
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 198mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 146IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 1mg
Did you make this recipe?Share a picture on Instagram and tag me: @Craving_California and use the hashtag: #CravingCalifornia!
If you love Broccolini with Calabrian Chilis and Garlic, check out more great recipes →
Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage
Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage is one of my go-to weeknight dinners and I have a feeling it might become one of yours too! Orecchiette with broccoli rabe and sausage is a simple and delicious recipe that everyone should master! This quick and easy pasta recipe is a great one to have in your…
Creamy Calabrian Chili Bolognese
This simple and straight forward creamy bolognese sauce has a good kick of heat to it thanks to Italian Calabrian Chilis. If you’re someone that likes to sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes onto your pasta, then you’re definitely going to want to give this recipe a try! I am so into Calabrian chilis lately! They…
Five-Ingredient Spicy Sausage Cast Iron Pizza
Spicy sausage cast iron pizza with Calabrian chilis and burrata will bring your delivery pizza habit to a halt! There’s simply no need to order in once you have this recipe in your repertoire. Sweet Italian sausage, spicy Calabrian chilis, and creamy burrata are the perfect toppings for this five-ingredient homemade pizza. If you’re not…
Added Reggiano Romano and Pinot Gris, turned out great 🙂