Roasted Japanese sweet potatoes with miso butter are the perfect side dish!
This recipe couldn’t be simpler, but don’t let that fool you. These roasted Japanese sweet potatoes with miso butter are insanely flavorful! Japanese sweet potatoes have purple skin and white flesh. They are less candy-sweet than traditional orange sweet potatoes, but instead, have a slightly sweet buttery flavor and dense velvety texture.
Miso Butter is a staple in my fridge. Trust me, after you make it you’re not going to run out of things to put it on. Slather it on grilled bread, corn on the cob, steak, fish, roasted veggies.. the possibilities are endless!
Roasted Japanese Sweet Potatoes with Miso Butter
- 2 Japanese sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375. Using the tip of a knife poke holes in each sweet potato. Season liberally with olive oil and salt. Bake for one hour, flipping halfway through.
- In a small bowl whisk together the miso and butter.
- When the sweet potatoes come out of the oven cut them open with a sharp knife, spoon half of the butter in each potato, top with the sliced scallion and serve immediately!