This superfood salmon salad makes for a healthy and delicious lunch or dinner!
This salad is the perfect meal to reset after a weekend of indulging! It’s packed with nutrient and antioxidant dense “superfoods” like wild salmon, kale, seaweed, and edamame.
Superfood Salmon Salad Ingredients:
Seaweed: I crush a few sheets of nori over this salad for some extra crunch and saltiness. I used one of the small individual packs of “seaweed snacks” but you can also use regular sushi nori and toast it yourself.
Edamame: Frozen, shelled edamame is something I always have on hand in the freezer. It’s a great source of protein, iron, and calcium. It defrosts quickly and can be tossed in salads or rice bowls!
Wild Salmon: If you can (I know it’s expensive) always opt for wild salmon. If it’s out of your budget, responsibly farm-raised salmon will totally work.
Avocado: My favorite salad topper! Avocados are full of healthy fats, and antioxidants. Oh, and they’re absolutely delicious!
Miso is a fermented food, meaning it contains live, active cultures of (good) bacteria. It has a rich salty flavor and creaminess salad dressing that coats all the other ingredients really well.
Superfood Salmon Salad
- 8 oz wild salmon
- 1 bunch lactinato kale stems removed and washed well
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 c edamame
- 1 pack seaweed snacks or 1 sheet of nori
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Place the salmon in a bowl and pour the soy sauce over it. Let sit for ten minutes. Heat a saute pan over medium/low heat. Add a splash of oil to the pan. Cook the salmon for 3-4minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove the salmon from the pan and set aside. Make the dressing.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
Assembling the salad:
- Tear the kale into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Massage the dressing into the kale with your hands. Next toss in the edamame, sesame seeds, scallion and avocado. Toss all of the ingredients with the dressing. Divide the salad between two plates. Break apart the salmon with a fork and pour a spoonful of the dressing over it. Top each salad with salmon and crumbled seaweed. Serve immediately!