Fresh and crunchy edamame, snap peas, cucumber and sesame seeds tossed in a rice vinegar and soy sauce dressing. The best part? This easy edamame salad is super healthy, lasts days in the fridge and takes about ten minutes to make!
What I love about this salad is that it’s super-healthy (hello protein and antioxidants!), it’s quick and easy to make and most importantly… it’s absolutely delicious!
Edamame salad can be served so many different ways. It’s great in a homemade sushi bowl or alongside steamed rice and miso- honey salmon. It can be topped with grilled chicken or seared tuna for extra protein. It’s even great as a side dish for picnics and BBQs.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
Here’s everything you need to make this salad: one bag of frozen, shelled edamame, cucumber, snap peas, green onion, rice vinegar, sugar, toasted sesame oil, soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds.
Step 1. Make the Dressing
To make the dressing simply pour all of the ingredients into a small jar or container with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously until evenly combined.
Step 2. Toss and Serve
Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl then pour in the dressing. Toss to combine. Serve or store right away.
Pro Tip: Keep your freezer stocked with frozen shelled edamame! It’s so great to have on hand, not only for this salad but to make sushi bowls or a quick stir fry.
Check Out More Great Recipes:
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Crunchy Edamame Salad
- 1 10oz bag frozen, shelled edamame
- 1 english cucumber
- 2 heaping cups snap peas strings and stems removed
- 1 scallions
- ¼ c rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Defrost the edamame either in the microwave or by running it under cool water.
- Place all of the ingredients into a small jar and shake vigorously until evenly combined.
- Thinly slice the cucumber, snap peas and scallions and place everything in a large mixing bowl. Add in the edamame, dressing and a pinch of salt. Toss the salad together until evenly combined. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to three days!
Yummm!! Super quick and easy to make and perfect for a light dinner.
Leigh Hyatt Anderson
Thank you Lily! Glad you liked it! <3