This easy rotisserie chicken salad is my ultimate dinner hack on busy nights when I have no time to make dinner from scratch.
I love to bring home a store-bought a rotisserie chicken and turn it into a full meal. We’re currently in that stage of the summer in Los Angeles where it’s way too hot to turn on the oven. That’s why I love this light and refreshing rotisserie chicken salad! I buy an organic pre-cooked chicken from Whole Foods and serve it with baby lettuces, shallot, and shaved radish tossed with a lemony vinaigrette!
More Rotisserie Chicken Dinner Ideas:
- Remove the chicken from the bones and cook with rice and broth for a quick and easy chicken and rice!
- Serve the chicken with tortillas, cheese, salsa and avocado for an easy taco Tuesday!
- Shred the chicken and mix with mayo, celery, chopped apple fresh herbs and lemon juice for a simple chicken salad.
- Use the leftover bones to make bone broth. Place the bones in a large pot with ginger, onion garlic and a splash of apple cider vinegar. Cover and simmer for 6-12 hours.
Easy Weeknight Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- 1 store bought rotisserie chicken
- 2 large handfuls mixed baby lettuces, arugula, watercress
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- zest from one lemon
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 each cornishons thinly sliced
- Remove the breast from the rotisserie chicken and thinly slice it on the bias. Reserve the rest of the chicken to use later for tacos, soup or another salad!
- Make the vinaigrette: In a small jar combine all the ingredients and then shake vigorously until emulsified.
- Toss the greens, radish, zest and shallot with the dressing. Season with salt and fresh pepper. Divide the salad between two plates, top with the chicken. Pour a little extra vinaigrette directly over the chicken. Server immediately!
Check out these other great salads →
If you love this recipe for rotisserie chicken salad tell me why in the comments below and don’t forget to leave a five-star review!