The easiest, yummiest, no-fuss chicken noodle soup recipe you will ever find! Start with a store-bought rotisserie chicken, saute some onion, garlic, carrot, add in the stock, pasta, and fresh herbs and you’ve got yourself an incredible chicken noodle soup in under an hour!
Sometimes all you need is a comforting, nourishing bowl of chicken noodle soup! This recipe is easy to make and super versatile. Instead of starting with raw chicken I use a store-bought rotisserie chicken. I LOVE rotisserie chicken. You can use them in a hundred different ways. I always save the bones and make a homemade chicken stock.
With this recipe you can have a bowl of chicken noodle soup on the table in under an hour. This recipe is family-friendly and super versatile. Let me know how you like it in the comments below!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup: noodles or pasta (I like egg noodles), carrots, onion, garlic, shredded rotisserie chicken, chicken stock, olive oil, and fresh herbs (dill, parsley or chives).
Recipe Step by Step
Step 1. Saute the vegetables
In a large pot sauté the onion, garlic, and carrot.
Step Two: Simmer
Add in the chicken and stock. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Step 3. Add the Pasta and Herbs
Cook the pasta in a separate pot then add to the soup. Add in chopped herbs. Divide between bowls and serve!
FAQs + Expert Tips
Yes, you can use gluten-free noodles for this soup. My favorite are brown rice noodles.
Chicken noodle soup will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Check out more great recipes
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 8 c chicken stock preferably homemade
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 c small dried pasta or egg noodles
- salt and pepper
- 1 handfull fresh herbs: dill, parsley or chives
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add a splash of olive oil then sauté the onion, carrot, and garlic for 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent and the garlic is aromatic.
- Next, add in the shredded chicken, chicken stock and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, turn down the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente (about 8 minutes). Add the cooked pasta to the soup and continue cooking for an additional ten minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the chopped herbs. Divide between bowls and serve immediately!
Storage + Reheating:
- This soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Reheat in the microwave or stovetop in a small pot.
- Use rice instead of noodles/pasta.
- Add chopped kale, zucchini, peas, potatoes, or any veggies you like.
- Add ginger, lemongrass, and kombu for an Asian-inspired soup.