The easiest, yummiest, no-fuss chicken noodle soup recipe you will ever find! Start with a store-bought rotisserie chicken, saute some onion, garlic, carrot, add in the stock, pasta, and fresh herbs and you’ve got yourself an incredible chicken noodle soup in under an hour!
Sometimes all you need is a comforting, nourishing bowl of chicken noodle soup! This recipe is easy to make and super versatile. Instead of starting with raw chicken I use a store-bought rotisserie chicken. I LOVE rotisserie chicken. You can use them in a hundred different ways. This recipe uses just the breast leaving the rest of the meat, skin, and bones ready for a second meal or big pot of chicken broth.
-Use rice instead of noodles/pasta.
-Add chopped kale, zucchini, peas, potatoes or any veggies you like.
-Add ginger, lemongrass, and kombu for an Asian inspired soup.
Step One: Saute the carrot, onion, and garlic.
Step Two: Add in the chicken and stock. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Step three: Cook the pasta in a separate pot then add to the soup. Add in chopped herbs. Divide between bowls and serve!
Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 8 c chicken stock preferably homemade
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 3 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 c small dried pasta or egg noodles
- salt and pepper
- 1 handfull fresh herbs: dill, parsley or chives
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat. Add a splash of olive oil then sauté the onion, carrot, and garlic for 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent and the garlic is aromatic.
- Next, add in the shredded chicken, chicken stock and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, turn down the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente (about 8 minutes). Add the cooked pasta to the soup and continue cooking for an additional ten minutes.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the chopped herbs. Divide between bowls and serve immediately!