These tender and juicy grilled lamb chops are marinated in garlic, cumin, lemon zest, and olive oil then served with a bright and refreshing salad made with fresh herbs, red onion, and lemon juice. You can grill them outside on the BBQ or inside on a stovetop grill pan, either way, they’re easy and delicious!
I loveeeee these grilled marinated lamb chops! The cumin in the marinade gives the chops and nice crusty char when they’re grilled. After grilling, the lamb gets topped with a bright a zesty salad with fresh mint, parsley leaves, cilantro, red onion, lemon juice, and olive oil. The flavors here are spectacular! I like to serve a Pasta Salad on the side or Mashed Root Vegetables with Caramelized Leeks.
BTW: This marinade works well with larger cuts of quick-cooking lamb, like shoulder chops or thinly sliced lamb leg.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s everything you’ll need to make Grilled Lamb Chops with Herb Salad: lamb rib chops, olive oil, cumin, garlic, lemons, parsley, cilantro mint, and, red onion.
Recipe Step by Step
Step 1. Marinate the Lamb Chops
Whisk together the marinade then toss with the lamb chops. The meat should be marinated for at least and hour or up to overnight.
Step 2. Grill
Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. You can use an outdoor BBQ or stove-top grill pan. Grill the lamb chops to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5–10 minutes.
Step 3. Mix the Salad and Serve
Toss the herbs and sliced onion with lemon juice and olive oil and a pinch of salt. Arrange the grilled lamb chops on a platter. Top with the salad. Serve immediately.
FAQs and Expert Tips
Lamb rib chops are more tender, individual servings cut from a rack of lamb with one long rib bone attached. Lamb loin chops look like mini T-bone steaks. They’re cut from directly behind the ribs. You can use either rib chops or loin chops for this recipe.
For the best flavor, you want to marinate the lamb chops for at least an hour. They can however marinate longer, up to 24 hours!
Check Out More Great Recipes
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Grilled Lamb Chops with Herb Salad
- 12 lamb chops (about 3 lb.)
- ¼ c olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 2 lemons
- 1 c loosely packed parsley leaves
- 1 c loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 c loosely packed cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl mix together the marinade; olive oil, cumin, zest from one lemon, and grated garlic.
- Season both sides of lamb chops generously with salt and pepper then toss them with the marinade. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Grill the lamb chops to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5–10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the sliced red onion, herbs, and juice from ½ a lemon with a pinch of salt and a few glugs of olive oil.
- Arrange the grilled lamb chops on a platter. Top with herb salad. Serve immediately.
- What is the difference between rib chops and loin chops? Lamb rib chops are more tender, individual servings cut from a rack of lamb with one long rib bone attached. Lamb loin chops look like mini T-bone steaks. They’re cut from directly behind the ribs. You can use either rib chops or loin chops for this recipe.
- How far ahead can I marinate the lamb chops? For the best flavor, you want to marinate the lamb chops for at least an hour. They can however marinate longer, up to 24 hours!
- Leftover ribs can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat in a preheated 350F oven for 5-10 minutes.