Finely chopped kale, treviso, salami, provolone cheese tossed with a zesty pepperoncini vinaigrette! This California chopped salad is a meal all on its own or pair it with your favorite homemade pizza!
This hearty salad is packed with all of my favorite California-Italian flavors; salami, provolone cheese, pepperoncini, and olives. Finely chopping all of the ingredients ensures that you get a little bit of everything in each bite! All of these delicious ingredients are tossed together with a zesty pepperoncini vinaigrette.
One of Los Angeles’ best and longest-standing Italian restaurants Mozza is located just down the street from my apartment! They’re famous for a few menu items but most notably their chopped salad. It’s not always easy to get a table at Mozza so I created this recipe inspired by Chef Nancy Silverton’s Chopped Salad, that way I can enjoy the Mozza magic at home!
Check out more great recipes:
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
California Chopped Salad
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 small head of radicchio or treviso
- 1/4 c sliced pepperoncinis
- 1 c cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 c smashed and pitted green olives, like Castelvetranos
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 4 oz provolone cheese, sliced into strips
- 4 oz salami, sliced into strips
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 c chopped pepperoncini + 1 tbsp juice/brine
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 c olive oil
- Remove the stems from the kale and chop into thin ribbons. Chop the radicchio/treviso into ribbons as well and place everything into a large salad bowl.
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans, add them to the bowl along with the pepperoncini's, tomatoes, smashed olives, provolone cheese, and salami.
- Toss all of the ingredients together with the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, serve immediately!
- Pulse all of the ingredients together in a blender or food processor.