Frisée salad with bacon, croutons and soft boiled egg is the perfect dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
This frisée salad is like a very sophisticated breakfast for dinner. The warm, crispy bacon, soft boiled egg, toasty croutons, and bitter frisée lettuce really come together in a magical way!
Soft boiled eggs are so quick and easy to make! I like my yolks pretty set so I simmer them for 7 minutes. If you like a runnier yolk take your eggs out of the water at 6 minutes.
What makes this frisée salad extra special is the warm bacon and croutons. I like to first render the bacon in a hot pan, then use the leftover fat to brown torn pieces of day-old bread to make the croutons. The result is decadent but worth every bite!
Frisée Salad with Bacon, Croutons Soft Boiled Egg
- 6 pc. bacon cut into 1/4inch lardons
- 2 eggs
- 2 c torn day-old bread
- 1 head friseée lettuce
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 tbs minced shallot
- 1 tbs finely chopped chives
- Heat a cast iron pan on medium heat and add in the bacon. Slowly render the bacon, stirring occasionally until crispy and brown. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon from the pan but reserving the fat. Transfer the to a paper towel lined plate.
- Next, sauté the torn bread in the bacon fat until toasted on all sides. Remove the bread from the pan and transfer to the paper towel lined plate.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Gently drop the eggs into the water. Set a timer for 7 minutes. As soon as the timer goes off transfer the eggs to an ice bath. When they are cool enough to handle, but still slightly warm, peel of the shell and slice each egg in half. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Make the dressing in the bottom of a large bowl. Whisk together the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, shallot and chives. While whisking, slowly stream in the olive oil, continue whisking until the dressing is emulsified.
- Toss the frisée, bacon lardons and toasted bread with the dressing. Divide between two plates and top each salad with the sliced egg. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
If you love Frisée Salad with Bacon, Croutons and Soft Boiled Egg check out more great recipes! →
Don’t forget to comment below and leave a five-star review!