There’s a whole lot of flavor going on in this super-simple sheet pan dinner! Crispy roasted potato wedges seasoned with garlic, cumin, and oregano cooked alongside juicy chicken meatballs then topped with creamy garlic and feta yogurt sauce! This recipe is the perfect crowd-pleasing weeknight dinner!
When I’m looking for an low maintenance, satisfying meal to make during the week I often look to meatballs. Meatballs are super versatile, can take on a ton of seasoning, they’re unfussy and kids love them! Thats where my Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Meatballs come in!
This recipe combines so many of my favorite Greek flavors like; lemon, fresh mint, garlic, cumin, oregano and salty feta cheese. From the golden-brown roasted potato wedges coated in cumin, chili powder and oregano to the juicy chicken meatballs infused with fresh mint and lemon zest, this recipe brings the flavor big time!
The best part of this sheet pan meal is the tangy, garlic-feta yogurt sauce! It adds a real zing to the whole dish! It’s cool and creamy but also bright and lemony with a good kick from the garlic. You’re going to want to slather this flavorful sauce on everything! You may even want to make a double batch and save half for dipping veggies and crackers later in the week. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe: ground chicken (dark or white meat), one egg, olive oil, lemon, dried oregano, chili powder and cumin, potatoes, yogurt, feta cheese, and fresh mint.
Recipe Step by Step
Step 1. Mix up the Meatballs
Mix together the meatball ingredients then scoop and roll them onto bite-sized balls.
Step 2. Roast the Potatoes + Meatballs
Cut the potatoes into wedges, toss with the olive oil, garlic and spices then roast for 20 minutes at 425 F, flipping half way through. After 20 minutes add the meatballs to the tray and cook for an additional 12-15 minutes.
Step 3. Make the Garlic-Feta Yogurt
Whisk together the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, crumbled feta and garlic. Taste and season with salt.
Pro tip: Did you know turning regular plain yogurt into thick and creamy Greek yogurt is very easy to do? Line a mesh strainer with either cheesecloth, a large coffee filter or a paper towel then set it over a bowl. Pour the yogurt into the prepared strainer then transfer to the refrigerator for 1hr-1.5hrs. The whey will drip through the strainer into the bowl and you’ll be left with thick and creamy Greek style yogurt!
Step 4. Serve
Top the chicken meatballs and potatoes with lots of fresh mint and lemon slices. Serve with the feta-yogurt either drizzled over top or on the side.
FAQs and Expert Tips
This sheet pan recipe is meant to be a complete meal but if you’re looking for something extra to serve on the side I would suggest Greek Orzo Salad or Smooth and Creamy Homemade Hummus with a side of pita bread! Oh and for dessert… Olive Oil Cake!
Meatballs are done when they reach an internal temperature of 165F. You can use a meat thermometer to test this. You can also just break one open to make sure there is no pink in the middle.
Check Out More Delicious Sheet Pan Meals
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Meatballs with Crispy Potatoes and Garlic-Feta Yogurt
- 2 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 c chopped mint plus extra mint leaves for garnish
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs small potatoes baby Yukon gold or red skin potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder or paprika
- 1 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cloves garlic grated
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the meatball ingredients then scoop and roll them into bite-sized balls. Place the meatballs on a baking tray and put them in the refrigerator while you prepare the potatoes. Chilling them like this before cooking will help them cook more evenly and hold their shape.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges then toss with the olive oil, spices, grated garlic, and a big pinch of salt. Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread them out into an even layer. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 400. Add the meatballs to the sheet pan with the potatoes and cook for an additional 12-15mins until the meatballs are cooked through and the potatoes are golden-brown.
- While the meatballs and potatoes are in the oven make the garlic-feta yogurt. In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, crumbled feta, garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Top the meatballs and potatoes with lots of fresh mint and lemon slices. Serve with the feta-yogurt either drizzled over top or on the side.
- Ground Chicken: You could also use turkey, beef or lamb.
- Potatoes: Baby Yukon gold potatoes or red bliss potatoes work best for this recipe.
- Greek Yogurt: You could also use labneh.
- Meatballs are done when they reach an internal temperature of 165F. You can use a meat thermometer to test this. You can also just break one open to make sure there is no pink in the middle.
- Leftovers will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in the oven at 375 for 10-12 minutes.