This creamy, tangy, spicy mayo recipe is perfect for sushi bowls, Hawaiian poke, sandwiches, french fries, burgers, fried chicken and more! I love to dollop and drizzle this luscious, spicy sauce on almost everything!
I’m not exaggerating when I tell you I live on sushi bowls! Warm steamed sushi rice, edamame, diced cucumber, crispy, salty seaweed, pickled ginger and a drizzle of spicy mayo. This is what I eat for lunch at least once a week! It’s the spicy mayo that really brings it all together. It’s tangy and garlicky with just a little kick of heat from the sriracha. It’s great on so many things, not just sushi bowls. Try spicy mayo slathered on a fried chicken sandwich or as a dipping sauce for hot salty french fries! You could even fold it into your next batch of deviled eggs!
This spicy mayo recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free. To make it vegan simply swap out the regular mayor for a vegan or plant-based version like Sir Kensington’s.
Looking for the perfect pairing? Spread this spicy sauce on Turkey and Zucchini Burgers with Feta.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Why purchase the store-bought version when you likely already have the ingredients you need to make it from scratch?
All you need to make this recipe is four simple ingredients: mayonnaise (any brand is will work but Kewpie Japanese mayo is the BEST!), Sriracha sauce, garlic and lemon or lime juice.
Step 1. Whisk together all ingredients
Simply whisk all of the ingredients together, season with salt and you’re good to go!
Ways to use spicy Mayo:
- Sushi Bowls
- Homemade Spicy Tuna Rolls
- Dip for fried foods like: chicken tenders, shrimp tempura, or French fries
- Hawaiian Poke Bowls
- Folded into Deviled Eggs
- Slathered on sandwiches like: burgers, fried/grilled chicken sandwiches or fish sandwiches like the Craving California Halibut Burger!
FAQs and Expert Tips
This recipe will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Yes! Substitute plant-based mayonnaise to make vegan spicy mayo.
To make this recipe less spicy start with just two tablespoons of sriracha then work your way up from there until the spicy level is to your liking.
Check out More Great Recipes:
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
The Best Spicy Mayo (Quick + Easy)
- 1 c mayonnaise
- ¼ c sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 clove garlic grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- Whisk together the grated garlic, mayonnaise, Sriracha, and lemon/lime juice in a small bowl to combine; season with salt.
- Mayo: You can use any brand or type of mayo you like. For vegan spicy mayo use a plant-based mayonnaise.
- Sriracha: You could also use gochujang (Korean spicy chili paste) or chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
Leave a Comment