This easy to make, unfussy sausage and spinach lasagna is perfect for busy weeknights. It’s saucy, cheesy and full of flavors the whole family will love!
This sausage and spinach lasagna is easy to make and a total crowd-pleaser! To lighten the load I like to use either fresh or no-boil lasagna sheets, both of which do not require any pre-cooking. This really makes this lasagna recipe come together fast! I’ve had luck finding fresh lasagna noodles in the refrigerated section of the grocery store next to the fresh ravioli, pesto, and pasta sauces.
Step One: Cook the sausage, tomatoes, and spinach.
Step Two: Mix together the ricotta, egg and parmesan cheese.
Step Three: Layer the noodles, sausage mixture, and ricotta in a deep baking dish.
Step Four: Cover and bake. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Salads + Sides to serve with Sausage and Spinach Lasagna:
Broccolini with Calabrian Chilis + Garlic
The Perfect Kale Caesar Salad
California Chopped Salad
Everyday Dinner Salad
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Easy Sausage + Spinach Lasagna
- 1 lb fresh lasagna noodles see notes for dried/no boil noodle instructions
- 1 lb mild italian sausage casing removed
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 c baby spinach
- 16 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 c grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400. In a large skillet cook the sausage over medium heat. Cook for 5-10 minutes, breaking up the larger pieces with a wooden spoon then stir in the crushed tomatoes and season with salt and crushed red pepper. Next, add the spinach into the sauce. When all the spinach has wilted turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the ricotta, parmesan, egg and 1 tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Brush a deep casserole dish ( I used a 12×8 oval dish but a standard 13×9 rectangular dish will work too) with enough olive oil to coat. Start with one layer of lasagna noodles, a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture, then a layer of the sausage-spinach mixture. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles, sauce and grated mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with greased foil; bake 30 minutes then uncover; bake until lightly browned on top and the sauce and cheese is bubbling, 5-10 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, rinse with cold water and toss with olive oil. No Boil/Oven Ready:
No need to precook these noodles just layer them directly into the dish.
Hi could I substitute the sausage with ground beef instead ?
Looks like the ingredient list is missing the spinach. Curious how much you use!
Ah! Thank you for letting me know. It’s three cups baby spinach. Just updated the post. Thank you Michelle!
These directions were spot on and this meal was so FREAKIN DELICIOUS!
Leigh Hyatt Anderson