A simple yet elegant heirloom tomato salad with lots of fresh basil and a creamy buttermilk dressing!
This creamy tomato salad with buttermilk-basil dressing is going to light up your summer dinner menu! If you’re curious about buttermilk-basil dressing let me just clear that up for you. It’s basically ranch for grown-ups! It’s creamy, tangy, garlicky, and infused with fresh basil. It’s the perfect dressing to toss with sweet peak-season summer tomatoes!
If you don’t have buttermilk on hand you can very easily make it yourself, check out this post: Three Ways to Make Buttermilk.
Check out More Great Recipes:
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Tomato Salad with Buttermilk-Basil Dressing
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ c basil leaves
- olive oil for drizzling
- ½ c buttermilk
- 1 c full-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ c loosely packed basil leaves
- ½ small shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- In a blender or food processor pulse together the yogurt, buttermilk, basil leaves, shallot, and garlic until smooth and pourable. Taste and season as needed with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes and cherry tomatoes on a platter. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pour the buttermilk-basil dressing over the tomatoes and top with the fresh basil leaves. Serve immediately!