This burrata salad with prosciutto and nectarines is going to be your new summer staple!
Is it even summer if you’re not having some variation of burrata salad at every meal? I’ve had a lot of people asking me lately “what do I bring to a pot-luck barbecue?” Most likely other people will have the potato salad, coleslaw, chips and dip situation covered. Why not bring this burrata salad with prosciutto and nectarines? It’s so quick to assemble you can just bring the ingredients with you and throw it all on a platter when you get there. People will be SO impressed.
What is burrata?
If you’ve never tried burrata before you’re in for a treat! Burrata is a soft shell of Italian cow-milk mozzarella wrapped around a creamy center. It’s rich and indulgent and the perfect accompaniment to ripe summer tomatoes and nectarines. Burrata salad is one of the things I look forward to most when summertime rolls around!
Tips for Burrata Salad with Prosciutto and Nectarines:
-If you can’t find ripe nectarines, peaches would be lovely in this salad as well. Go with whatever is the best quality at the market that day.
-Same goes for the burrata if you can’t find burrata substitute high-quality mozzarella.
-Freshly sliced prosciutto is always better than the prepackages kind. Head to the deli counter for freshly sliced prosciutto!
Burrata Salad with Prosciutto and Nectarines
- 8 oz burrata
- 3 ripe nectarines
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 handfull watercress
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- to taste good quality olive oil
- to taste champagne vinegar
- flakey sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- This salad is best gently assembled right before you're ready to serve it. Tear the burrata into four pieces and place on a medium sized platter. Slice the nectarines and scatter them around the burrata along with the tomatoes.
- Next, in a small bowl toss the watercress and shallot with a drizzle of olive oil, champagne vinegar and salt and pepper. Lay the watercress over the burrata, tomatoes and nectarines.
- Lastly lay the prosciutto gently around the platter. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Serve right away.
If you love Burrata Salad with Prosciutto and Nectarines try these other great recipes! →
If you like this recipe please leave a five-star rating and comment below!