Homemade pumpkin bread is one of my favorite fall treats! This gluten-free (and dairy-free!) version is made with, canned pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and clove! This moist and flavorful, pumpkin loaf is truly the BEST I’ve ever had!
When October rolls around it is officially time for pumpkin-flavored everything! Working as a private chef I get tons of requests for gluten-free treats! This pumpkin bread is a go and a hit with all of my clients! It’s super-soft soft and perfectly moist with just the right amount of spice!
Why I Love This Recipe
- You would never know it’s gluten-free! The texture is so soft and light, even if you don’t follow a gluten-free diet you will love this pumpkin bread!
- It’s super flavorful, thanks to the perfect blend of spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and ginger.
- It’s dairy-free too! Truth be told I didn’t set out to make this recipe dairy-free it just happened that way. I found that oil created a more moist loaf with a light and tender crumb.
Need to use up that extra pumpkin puree? Check out my recipe for Creamy Pumpkin Rigatoni with Crispy Sage.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
Here’s everything you need to make gluten-free pumpkin bread: pumpkin puree (canned), cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, sugar, eggs, oil, baking soda, baking powder pumpkin seeds, and a pinch of salt.
- Pumpkin Puree: Make sure to buy pumpkin puree, rather than pumpkin pie filling, check the fine print! If you’re feeling ambitious you can certainly make your own.
- Spices: Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and clove balance perfectly with pumpkin. If needed you can also substitute 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
- Gluten-Free Flour: My favorite brands of gluten-free flours are Cup4Cup, King Arthur Flour, and Bob’s Redmill.
Recipe Step by Step:
Step 1. Whisk Together the Dry Ingredients
In a mixing bowl whisk together the gluten-free flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
Step 2. Whisk together the Wet Ingredients
In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, pumpkin purée, and sugar. Next, stream in oil, whisking continuously until the mixture is homogeneous. Switch to a wooden spoon or spatula and gently fold in the dry ingredients, stir until combined but do not over mix.
Step 3. Bake and Cool
Pour the batter into the pan; smooth the top with a spatula. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake the bread, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 70 minutes. Let cool before serving.
FAQs, Tips, and Tricks:
Yes! I actually think it tastes better the next day. Let the pumpkin bread cool completely before wrapping it in plastic wrap and storing at room temperature for up to five days.
Yes! If you want to make chocolate chip pumpkin bread add 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips to the batter before baking.
To make muffins: line a muffin tin with paper liners and fill each cup to roughly 3/4 full, top with pumpkin seeds and cinnamon sugar. Check for doneness after 20 minutes. Makes 8 to 10 muffins.
Check out more cozy fall recipes:
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 1 c sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 c neutral oil
- 1 1/4 c gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c pumpkin seeds optional
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly coat a 9×5" loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the gluten-free flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, pumpkin purée, and sugar. Next, stream in oil, whisking continuously until the mixture is homogeneous. Switch to a wooden spoon or spatula and gently fold in the dry ingredients, stir until combined but do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan; smooth the top with a spatula. Stir together the remaining 2tbsp and 1tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds and the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the batter.
- Bake the bread, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 70 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving!