Homemade crostini are the perfect special touch to add to your next charcuterie and cheese platter. They are so simple and take less than 15 minute to make. They can even be baked a few days in advance of serving!
These crispy, salty crostini with fresh thyme and garlic are perfect for entertaining! They’re heartier than the average cracker and they’re the perfect size too…one, maybe two bites. Crostini are the perfect hand held snack for party goers who may also be balancing a glass of wine or cocktail in their other hand.
The best part… making crostini couldn’t be easier! Slice a baguette (day-old works best) into ¼-inch rounds. Toss with olive oil, garlic, fresh thyme and salt then bake until golden-brown and crisp. Thats it!
Looking for the perfect pairing? Serve homemade crostini alongside a plethora of spreads, dips and toppings like:
- Marinated Feta with Lemon and Olive Oil
- Whipped Feta Dip
- Marinated Roasted Red Peppers
- Cherry Tomato Confit
- Smooth and Creamy Homemade Hummus
Ingredients You’ll Need
Four simple ingredients is all you need to make these delicious homemade crostini: a baguette, olive oil, a few cloves of garlic and fresh or dried thyme.
Step 1. Season the Bread
Whisk together the oil, garlic and thyme mixture then add in the bread slices. Use clean hands to toss the bread until evenly coated.
Step 2. Bake
Bake the crostini in a single layer to ensure even browning. As soon as they come out of the oven, season with a pinch of salt. Use a nice flakey sea salt if you have it! Let cool completely before serving.
FAQs and Expert Tips:
Crostini will stay fresh for up to a week stored at room temperature in an air-tight container or resealable plastic bag. If they start to feel a bit stale after a few days, refresh them in a 400F oven for 2-3 minutes.
Crostini are small crackers made from baked slices of baguette. They’re great for serving with cheese and charcuterie or as a base for bruschetta or creamy dips! Fun fact: The word crostini translates to “little crusts” in Italian.
Check Out More Great Recipes
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Quick and Easy Homemade Crostini
- 1 baguette sliced into ¼" slices
- ⅓ c olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic grated
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves or one tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425. In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, grated garlic, thyme leaves and salt. Toss the baguette slices with the olive oil mixture then arrange on a baking tray in a single layer.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. As soon as they come out of the oven, season with a pinch of salt. Use a nice flakey sea salt if you have it! Let cool completely before serving or storing.
- Crostini will keep in an airtight container or Ziploc bag at room temperature for up to one week. If they start to feel a bit stale after a few days, refresh them in a 400F oven for 2-3 minutes.
Leave a Comment