This hearty fall salad is made with roasted delicata squash, finely chopped kale, radicchio, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and creamy feta cheese then tossed with honey-dijon balsamic dressing!
This roasted delicata squash salad is really easy to make! You can serve it room temperature or slightly warm with the roasted squash fresh out of the oven. It’s great as a packed lunch too.
Why I Love This Salad:
- It’s versatile: You can easily substitute different types of winter squash, lettuces, or cheeses as needed.
- It’s hearty and filling: Kale, squash, and feta cheese make a very hearty and satisfying salad. Feel free to add grilled chicken, steak, or chickpeas if you want to add more protein and make it a complete meal.
- The dressing is SO good! I always make a triple batch of this honey balsamic dressing so I have some on hand when I need it.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this salad: kale, radicchio, delicata squash, feta cheese, dried cranberries, dijon mustard, honey, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.
Recipe Step by Step
Step 1. Roast the Squash
Cut up the squash and remove the seeds. Toss with olive oil and salt. Then roast until golden brown.
Step 3. Make the Dressing
Whisk together all of the ingredients except for the oil. Then, while whisking slowly stream in the olive oil.
Step 4. Toss and Serve
Toss all of the salad ingredients together with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and serve!
FAQs and Expert Tips:
Absolutely! You can use any winter squash, butternut, acorn, kabocha etc.
Yes, you can make all of the components of this salad up to a day ahead. Toss in the dressing just before serving.
Check out more fall recipes:
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Roasted Delicata Squash Salad with Feta, and Cranberries
- 2 medium delicata squash
- 2 bunches lacinato kale stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 small head radicchio thinly sliced
- 6 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 1/2 c toasted pumpkin seeds
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 c olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Drizzle the squash with a generous tablespoon of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Toss to combine. Roast for about 30 minutes or until the squash is tender and golden, flipping halfway.
- While the squash is roasting whisk together the balsamic vinegar, mustard, and honey, then continue whisking while slowly streaming in the olive oil.
- In a large bowl toss together the kale, radicchio, roasted squash, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and feta. Mix in the dressing, season with salt and pepper. Divide between bowls and, serve immediately!