Creamy, buttery polenta with parmesan cheese is the perfect side dish for braised short ribs, poached eggs and sausage or just about any roasted chicken, beef or pork dish you can dream up!
How to make Creamy Parmesan Polentaâ
Step One: Bring the chicken stock to a simmer and whisk in the polenta.
Step Two: Continue simmering and whisking occasionally for 20-30 minutes until the polenta is thick, creamy and the individual grains are tender.
Step Three: Stir in the butter, parmesan cheese and a few generous turns of freshly cracked pepper. Divide between bowls and serve immediately!
Storing + Reheating→
Polenta will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to four days. It will firm up when cold. ToÂ reheat polenta, heat it gently on the stove or microwave, adding a bit of water or chicken stock and stirring until it reaches the desired consistency.
Creamy Parmesan Polenta
- 4 c chicken stock or water
- 1 c coarse polenta
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp butter
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Bring the chicken stock and a pinch of salt to a boil in a small pot; pour the polenta slowly into boiling water, whisking continuously until there are no lumps.
- Bring the polenta to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring often, until the polenta is thick, creamy and the individual grains are tender.
- Switch to a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in the butter and parmesan cheese as well as a few generous turns of freshly cracked black pepper. Taste and season with more salt if necessary. Divide between bowls and serve immediately!