Creamy and cheesy pumpkin rigatoni topped with crispy fried sage leaves. This quick and easy fall pasta comes together in less than 30 minutes!
This pumpkin rigatoni is just as delicious as it is easy to make! My favorite part is the salty, crispy fried sage leaves sprinkled on top. If you don’t care for sage you could use rosemary instead!
PUMPKIN RIGATONI WITH CRISPY SAGE Pairing suggestions→
PUMPKIN RIGATONI WITH CRISPY SAGE Ingredients→
This sauce is so easy and comes together in about ten minutes!
Stir the rigatoni into the pumpkin sauce until it’s evenly coated.
Pumpkin Rigatoni with Crispy Sage
- 1/2 lb rigatoni
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 1 c heavy cream
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced or chopped
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 8 large sage leaves
- salt and pepper
- Cook and drain the pasta according to the packages instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium/high heat. Place the sage leaves into the oil in a single layer. Let the sage get crispy and golden brown on both sides, about 30-45 seconds. Remove the sage from the pan and set on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil. Season with salt.
- In the same pan saute the garlic until soft and aromatic. Next, pour in the pumpkin, cream, nutmeg and a big pinch of salt. Whisk the sauce together and bring to a simmer. Add in the parmesan cheese and cooked rigatoni. Stir the rigatoni into the sauce together until it is evenly coated.
- Divide the pasta between bowls, crumble the crispy sage over the top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and fresh ground pepper. Serve immediately!