This warm grilled vegetable salad is made with perfectly charred asparagus, corn and red onion tossed with a bright and flavorful vinaigrette, white beans, fresh herbs and creamy feta cheese! This salad is perfect for a BBQ, picnic or any summer meal!
This warm grilled vegetable summer salad comes together quickly, and with very little effort. It’s colorful and oh so delicious! You can choose your favorite summer vegetables to grill up for this salad. I’ve used corn, asparagus and red onion but you could also use cherry tomatoes, eggplant, broccolini, or bell peppers. The charred vegetables are then tossed with white beans, parsley, creamy feta cheese and a bright and zesty vinaigrette!
Enjoy this salad for dinner and save the leftovers for lunch. Or serve it up at your next summer party alongside Steamed Clams or Grilled Chicken and DIY Aperol Spritz’!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe: corn on the cob, red onion, asparagus, white beans (cannellini, navy beans, or butter beans), garlic, thyme, dijon mustard, vinegar, parsley, and feta cheese.
Recipe Step by Step
Step 1. Grill the Vegetables
Drizzle the veggies with salt and olive oil then grill on both sides. You can use a gas, charcoal or stove top grill pan.
Step 2. Make the Dressing
Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
Step 3. Toss and Serve
Toss the dressing, veggies, herbs and feta cheese together. Taste and season as needed, then serve warm or room temperature.
FAQs and Expert Tips
You can use any white beans really, or even a combination. I used one can each of cannellini beans and butter beans. You could also use navy beans or even garbanzo beans!
This salad is a great starter or side dish to serve with lamb chops, skirt steak or even other salads like orzo salad, or avocado panzanella!
Check out More Great Grilling Recipes
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Warm Grilled Vegetable Salad with White Beans and Feta
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 large red onion
- 2 15 oz can white beans drained and rinsed
- 4 oz feta cheese
- ½ c roughly chopped parsley
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 3 tbsp vinegar champagne, red wine, apple cider, rice wine or even lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ c olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat a grill (gas, charcoal or stove top grill pan) over medium-high heat.
- Prepare the vegetables for the grill, shuck the corn, peel and slice the onions into rounds and trim the woody ends off the asparagus. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and season with salt. Depending on the size of your grill, you may need to grill in batches. Grill the vegetables on all sides until slightly charred and soft. Once cool enough to handle, cut the corn kernels from the cob and slice the onion and asparagus into bite sized pieces.
- Make the dressing in a large bowl; whisk together the dijon mustard, grated garlic, vinegar and thyme leaves. While whisking slowly stream in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the grilled vegetables, white beans, fresh parsley and feta cheese with the dressing. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm or room temperature.
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions:
- Vegetables: You can use almost any veggies that are great on the grill like: cherry tomatoes, eggplant, broccolini, or bell peppers.
- White Beans:You can use any white beans really, or even a combination. I used one can each of cannellini beans and butter beans. You could also use navy beans or even garbanzo beans!
- Feta Cheese: for dairy-free or vegan feel free to omit the cheese. Goat cheese would also be good.
- Fresh Thyme: dried is fine
- Parsley: any fresh leafy herb can be substituted like basil, cilantro, chervil, even chives will work!
- This salad is a great starter or side dish to serve with lamb chops, skirt steak or even other salads like orzo salad, or avocado panzanella!
- This salad will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to four days. I do not recommend re-heating it. Serve chilled or room temperature.
This salad is fantastic! There is much depth of flavor and texture, I’m obsessed!
Leigh Hyatt Anderson
Thank you Gina! So glad you enjoyed it!