On hot Los Angeles summer days when the temperature rises above 80, the last thing I want to do is turn on my oven. That’s why I love this Vietnamese rice noodle salad! Everything about this recipe is cool and refreshing. Cold rice noodles, crisp veggies, and fresh herbs tossed with a sweet and sour fish sauce dressing make for the perfect spring lunch!
How to easily veggies with a mandoline:
I like to use a mandoline to slice the carrots, cucumbers, and pepper. Mine comes with an additional attachment to create beautiful long julienned slices. If you don’t have one yet order it here. It’s a good investment for any kitchen. I use mine all the time!
Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad
- 8oz vermicelli rice noodles cooked and cooled
- 1 persian or english cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots julienned
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 bunch basil
- 1/2 serrano chili or jalapeÃ±o thinly sliced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1/2 c toasted peanuts roughly chopped
- 1/4 c fish sauce
- 1/4 c lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Place the noodles, carrots, and cucumber in a large bowl. Gently tear the cilantro, mint and, basil into small pieces and add that to the bowl as well. Set aside while you make the dressing.
- In a small bowl whisk together the garlic, fish sauce, and lime juice. Add some chopped chilis if you like it spicy!
- Toss the noodles, veggies, and herbs with the dressing. I like to use my hands to work the dressing into the noodles and vegetables. DivideÂ into bowls, garnish with sliced chili, chopped peanuts and, a lime wedge. Serve immediately!Â
If you enjoyed this recipe please let us know in the comments below and leave a 5-star rating!