Bucatini with sun-dried tomato pesto is the perfect new meal to add to your repertoire! In this recipe, creamy and delicious sun-dried tomato pesto is tossed with piping hot bucatini, parmesan cheese, and a touch of cream.
Who says pesto has to be made with basil and pine nuts? This recipe for sun-dried tomato pesto is breaking all the rules. Sun-dried tomatoes are packed with rich and savory umami flavors. When you blend them with roasted almonds, garlic, and parmesan cheese, the result is a creamy, “tomatoey” pesto ready to be tossed with freshly cooked pasta!
How to make sun-dried tomato pesto:
Step One: Pulse the pesto ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy.
Step Two: Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the bucatini and cook until al dente, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
Step Three: Add the pasta, pesto, cream, and pasta water back to the pot. Stir continuously until the pasta is evenly coated in the sauce. Taste and season with salt as needed.
Bucatini with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 lb bucatini
- 1/2 c cream
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 c oil-packed sundried tomatoes drained, oil reserved
- 1/4 c olive oil use the oil from the tomatoes
- 1/2 c roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 c water
- Place all of the pesto ingredients in the base of a food processor. Pulse continuously scraping down the sides as necessary until the contents resemble a relatively smooth, pesto-like consistency.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the bucatini and cook until just al dente, 8 to 9 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Add the bucatini, pesto, cream, and pasta water back to the pot. Stir continuously until the pasta is evenly coated in the sauce. Taste and season with salt as needed.