This super simple skirt steak salad with farro, arugula, and feta cheese comes together quickly and easily and only requires five ingredients!
This hearty and healthy steak salad is perfect for lunch or dinner and requires only five ingredients! It also keeps really well making it a great option for meal prep, picnics or a school/office lunch. I love using skirt steak because it’s inexpensive and cooks quickly. This salad is totally customizable so feel free to get creative or use what you already have on hand!
Optional Salad Additions:
-Sliced Cherry Tomatoes
-Toasted Nuts or Seeds
-Quick Pickled Red Onion or Shallot
Five-Ingredient Steak Salad Ingredients→
There’s a ton of room in this recipe for substitutions and customization. The farro can be swapped out for any grain: quinoa, barley, wild rice, etc. Same with the cheese! You could try blue cheese or goat instead if you’re not into feta or don’t have it on hand.
Farro, Arugula + Feta Salad→
ABOUT FIVE-INGREDIENT MEALS:
Five ingredient meals are wholesome down to earth recipes that focus on the quality of ingredients rather than quantity. These flavorful, unfussy meals are fun and easy to make.
Salt, pepper, and oil are fair game and therefore not considered one of the five ingredients!
Five-Ingredient Steak Salad with Farro, Arugula, and Feta
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 2 c cooked farro follow the instructions on the package
- 2 handfulls arugula
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 c crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat a cast-iron pan on high heat. Pat the steak dry with paper towels then season with salt and pepper. Add a splash of oil to the pan then sear the steak quickly about 1-2 minutes on each side for medium-rare or longer if you prefer it more well done. Remove from the pan and let rest for five minutes before slicing.
- Toss the cooked farro with the feta cheese, arugula, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Serve the sliced steak next to or on top of the farro salad. Serve immediately!