This light and fresh summer salad is made with corn, arugula, tomatoes, tangy vinaigrette, and creamy blue cheese! It’s colorful, tasty, and will surely impress your family and friends any time you serve it.
This corn and arugula salad screams summer! Between the abundance of ripe cherry tomatoes, peak-season summer corn, and creamy blue cheese, this recipe will become your go-to every time you hit the farmers’ market.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
All you need to make this salad is 8-simple ingredients: corn on the cob, tomatoes, arugula, blue cheese dijon mustard, vinegar, olive oil, chives or shallot.
Step 1. Cook the Corn
The corn for this salad can be baked or grilled. Bake it in the oven with the husks on or shuck the corn and grill it on a grill pan or BBQ until slightly charred. Use a sharp knife to cut the corn from the cob.
Step 2. Make the Dressing
Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. This vinaigrette is very riff-able, you can switch up the type of vinegar or add in a little lemon juice or honey if you see fit.
Step 3. Toss and Serve
Toss the corn, tomatoes and arugula with the dressing. Crumble in the blue cheese, season with salt and pepper and serve!
Check Out More Delicious Summer Salads:
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Corn and Arugula Salad with Tomatoes and Blue Cheese
- 6 ears corn
- 2 heaping cups arugula
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 oz blue cheese, goat cheese or feta crumbled into bite-sized pieces
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot minced, or 2 tbsp minced chives
- ¼ c olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the corn, husk and all in the oven on a sheet tray and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool then shuck the corn and cut the kernels from the cob.
- To make the dressing whisk together the shallot, dijon, and vinegar then slowly stream in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Put the corn kernels, arugula, tomatoes, and blue cheese in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing. Season with salt a freshly cracked pepper and serve immediately!