A light and fresh summer salad with corn, arugula, tomatoes, tangy vinaigrette, and creamy blue cheese!
This corn and arugula salad with tomatoes and blue cheese screams summer to me! There’s nothing quite like the flavor of sweet peak-season summer corn and tomatoes. Serve this flavorful salad with your favorite grilled meat or roasted fish for a complete meal.
- Cook the corn and remove the kernels
- Make the vinaigrette
- Toss the corn, arugula, tomatoes, and vinaigrette together and serve!
Tips and Tricks:
- Get a head start on this salad by cooking the corn the day before.
- Char the corn on a grill (or in a grill pan) if you have the option!
- If you prefer, you can substitute feta or goat cheese instead of blue cheese.
- My favorite types of blue cheese to use for this salad are Roquefort, Danish Blue, and Bleu d’Auvergne.
What to serve with corn and arugula salad:
Corn and Arugula Salad with Tomatoes and Blue Cheese
- 6 ears corn
- 2 heaping cups arugula
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 4 oz blue cheese , crumbled into bite-sized pieces
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot minced
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place the corn, husk and all in the oven on a sheet tray and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool then shuck the corn and cut the kernels from the cob.
- To make the dressing whisk together the shallot, dijon, and vinegar then slowly stream in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Put the corn kernels, arugula, tomatoes, and blue cheese in a large bowl. Toss the dressing with the corn mixture. Season with salt a freshly cracked pepper and serve immediately!