This simple herb-filled salad is bursting with flavor! Fresh mint, watercress, dill, chives, and parsley are tossed with an assertive lemon, vinaigrette then topped with shaved parmesan cheese. This salad a must-have in your recipe rotation!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
Here’s what you’ll need to make this herb salad: parsley leaves, dill, mint leaves, chives, parmesan cheese, dijon mustard, lemon, and olive oil.
Ingredient notes: you can also use other leafy fresh herbs like cilantro, chervil, tarragon, and basil.
Recipe Step by Step
Step 1. Wash and Dry Herbs
Step 2. Make the Dressing
Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Season to taste.
Step 3. Toss, Season, and Serve
When you’re ready to serve, toss the herbs and shaved parmesan cheese with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper, serve right away!
FAQs and Expert Tips
To prep this salad in advance, wash and dry the herbs and make the vinaigrette but keep them separate. Toss just before serving.
Yes you can use a variety of different herbs or tender baby lettuces for this salad like cilantro, chervil, arugula, basil, or tarragon.
Check Out More Great Recipes:
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Herb Salad with Shaved Parmesan
- 1 c parsley leaves
- 1 c mint leaves
- 1 c torn dill
- 2 c watercress thin stems and leaves only
- 1/2 c snipped chives
- 1/2 shaved parmesan cheese use a vegetable peeler to shave long ribbons of fresh Parmesan
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- zest from one lemon
- salt and pepper
- Wash the herbs in ice-cold water and spin dry in a salad spinner, then lay them out on a towel to air-dry for a little while.
- To make the dressing whisk together the dijon mustard and lemon juice and zest then slowly stream in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss all of the herbs, watercress, and shaved parmesan cheese together with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- Herbs: You can use a variety of different herbs or tender baby lettuces for this salad like cilantro, chervil, arugula, basil, or tarragon.
- Parmesan Cheese: Feel free to omit the cheese for a dairy-free, vegan salad.
- To prep this salad in advance, wash and dry the herbs and make the vinaigrette but keep them separate. Toss just before serving.
Equipment: Salad Spinner | Mixing Bowls