Perfectly seared scallops with citrusy preserved lemon dressing!
Scallops are so easy to make at home! They cook in minutes and are buttery soft and perfect for doucing in a flavorful sauce like this presereved lemon dressing. Serve these scallops with Whipped Japanese Sweet Potatoes and a simple salad!
Step one: Thoroughly pat the scallops dry with paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
Step Two: Stir together the chopped preserved lemon, chilis, herbs, zest and shallot. Set aside.
Step Three: Heat a cast-iron pan over medium/high heat. Add a splash of neutral oil to the pan then sear the scallops without moving them for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Step Four: Place the scallops on a large platter. Drizzle the preserved lemon dressing over the scallops. Garnish with microgreens. Serve immediately!
Check out more great recipes:
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Seared Scallops with Preserved Lemon Dressing
- 8-10 large scallops side muscle removed
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- salt and pepper
- micro greens for garnish
Preserved Lemon Dressing
- ½ preserved lemon rind only
- zest from one orange + 2 tbsp juice
- ½ serrano chili thinly sliced
- ½ shallot minced
- ¼ c finely chopped chives
- ¼ c olive oil
- Rinse the preserved lemon under running water to remove the salty brine. Roughly chop the rind of the preserved lemon into small pieces. In a bowl whisk together the preserved lemon and the rest of the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Thoroughly pat the scallops dry with paper towels to absorb excess moisture. Season the scallops with salt and pepper then sear until deep golden brown on 1 side, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and turn scallops over. Cook for an additional 2 minutes then remove from the pan.
- Place the seared scallops on a large platter and drizzle with the preserved lemon dressing. Garnish with microgreens, serve immediately!