Toasted, buttery brioche slathered with smokey chipotle aioli, crispy bacon, arugula, and topped with a sunny side up egg! These easy open-faced breakfast sandwiches will make you feel like you’re dining at your favorite fancy cafe!
Brioche Breakfast Toasts with Bacon, Egg, and Chipotle Aioli are great for breakfast or brunch – or anytime!
Sweet, buttery brioche bread is the perfect base for these breakfast toasts piled high with tangy chipotle aioli, bacon, and runny egg yolk.
Looking for the perfect pairing? Try this recipe alongside a Mango Pineapple and Spinach Smoothie!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make Brioche Breakfast Toast with Bacon, Egg, and Chipotle Aioli: brioche bread, bacon, eggs, chipotle aioli/mayo, butter, chives, and arugula.
Recipe Step by Step
Step 1. Cook the Bacon
The easiest way to cook bacon is in the oven. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper, arrange the bacon on top and bake for 15-20minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
Step 2. Make the chipotle aioli
My favorite “aioli” hack is to start with store-bought mayo. Whisk together the mayo, chipotle sauce, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Set aside until you’re ready to assemble the toasts.
Step 3. Fry the eggs
Depending on how many toasts you’re making you’ll want to fry the eggs in batches. If you prefer a harder cooked yolk you can flip the egg for over-easy or over-medium.
Step 4. Assemble the toasts
Toast the brioche in the toaster or oven. Slather one side with chipotle aioli then top with arugula, two slices of bacon then finish with an egg. Season the egg with salt and pepper then garnish with chives and dig in!
FAQs and Expert Tips
Yes! Use whatever style of eggs you like, scrambled, over easy/hard, poached, etc.
Brioche is French bread enriched with butter and eggs. It has a fluffy, soft texture and slightly sweet, eggy flavor. If you can’t find brioche you can use Challah bread or sliced Hawaiian bread.
Check Out More Great Breakfast Recipes:
I love to hear from readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. If you make this recipe be sure to leave a comment and/or give it a rating! Don’t forget to follow along on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Brioche Breakfast Toast with Bacon, Eggs, and Chipotle Aioli
- 4 thick slices brioche or challah bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1 heaping cup arugula
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp chopped chives optional
- ½ c chipotle aioli see recipe below
- ½ c mayo
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers
- 1 clove garlic grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp lemon juice or vinegar
- Arrange the bacon in a single layer on a baking tray then cook in a preheated 400F oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk together the chipotle aioli ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat your skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and add enough butter to coat the base of the pan. Once the butter is melted carefully crack the egg into the skillet. Let the egg cook gently, about 2 minutes for runny yolks or 3 minutes for medium yolks. Transfer the egg to a baking tray and repeat the process with the rest of the eggs. While the eggs are cooking toast the brioche.
- Slather a few tablespoons of aioli onto each slice of brioche, top with the arugula, two slices of bacon, and a fried egg. Season the eggs with salt and freshly cracked black pepper, top with chives, and dig in!
- Brioche- Challah bread or sliced Hawaiian bread can be used instead of brioche.
- Bacon- Turkey bacon works, or sausage, ham, or plant-based breakfast meats.
- Chipotle Aioi- Store-bought is fine! You can use a premade chipotle aioli/mayo.
- Can I make these toasts with scrambled eggs? Yes! Use whatever style of eggs you like, scrambled, over easy/hard, poached, etc.
What is Brioche? Brioche is French bread enriched with butter and eggs. It has a fluffy, soft texture and slightly sweet, eggy flavor. If you can’t find brioche you can use Challah bread or sliced Hawaiian bread.